Using a Lawyer to Dispute Credit Report Errors

Having inaccurate information in your credit report can make it difficult to get a job, rent an apartment, obtain loans or credit cards, and get insurance. Fortunately, the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) gives consumers the right to dispute errors that may appear on their reports.

What happens if you lose a dispute?

When a lawyer to dispute credit report inaccurate information with the CRAs, the CRA must investigate and correct it. If the CRA fails to do so, the consumer has the right to file a lawsuit and recover compensation.

A lawyer can help you write a strong credit dispute letter that points out the errors and requests thorough investigation and correction. Our lawyers can also work with your creditors and/or the credit bureaus on your behalf to have the incorrect information removed from your report. If the CRAs or your creditors refuse to do so, an experienced attorney can also consider bringing a class action against them.

We work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we only charge a fee if we are able to recover money for you. Contact us today to discuss your credit and background report errors with one of our skilled attorneys.

No Comments

Leave a Comment